NEW: Another Major Car Manufacturer Will Shift Production To The U.S.

British auto manufacturing giant Rolls Royce is reportedly planning to increase its manufacturing production in the United States in order to avoid President Donald Trump’s tariff plans.

According to a report from the Daily Telegraph, the U.K.-based firm is drawing up emergency contingency plans in order to avoid potential tariffs implemented by President Trump. While Trump has imposed tariffs on goods imported from Canada, Mexico and China, he has yet to impose any on the European Union or the U.S., though he has suggested that he will do so in the future.

“Am I going to impose tariffs on the European Union? Do you want the truthful answer or should I give you a political answer? Absolutely” the president told reporters back in January. “Absolutely. The European Union has treated us so terribly,” Trump stated, reaffirming his longstanding concerns about the bloc’s trade practices.

In December, Trump called on European nations to rectify trade imbalances with the United States by purchasing more American energy. “Otherwise, it is TARIFFS all the way!!!” Trump posted on Truth Social.

Rolls Royce is hoping to prepare for the event of tariffs by drafting contingency plans that include hiring more U.S. workers and opening more plants in the country, the Daily Telegraph reported. The company is also exploring ways to move some of its current manufacturing operations in Mexico, China and Canada to the United States, where it employs 6,000 workers across 11 sites.

In an earnings call earlier this month, Rolls Royce warned investors about “rising protectionism” in response to Trump’s tariffs and confirmed that they were working on plans to lessen the effects.

One source told the outlet that the engineering giant was “tipping the balance towards the U.S.” in order to respond to tariffs. “If you are making something in countries like China then you’ll be looking at whether you can do it in the US instead,” they said.

President Trump has hinted that he will indeed be expanding tariffs on April 2, which the president has declared as “liberation day.” The administration will seek to offset global trade imbalances by unleashing reciprocal tariffs on nations beyond the three currently affected. “We’re getting back to some of the wealth that very, very foolish presidents gave away because they had no clue what they were doing,” Trump told reporters last week.

In addition to plans to divest from Canada, Mexico and China, Rolls Royce has not ruled out additional moves from U.K. and European sites in order to avoid Trump’s tariffs. In a warning to shareholders, Rolls said tariffs against key trade partners “could lead to increased costs and consequently realign the global supply chain.”

“Market exposures are being monitored, and we are adapting supply chain strategies to ensure resilience amid potential protectionist measures and evolving trade dynamics.”

Related Posts

Look Closely 😱 The photographer recognized he had captured something strange after taking this picture

Acollection of images of the late Princess Diana that have never been seen before has been found, which is a fascinating discovery that sheds new light on…

My Husband Dumped Me and Married My Sister for an Inheritance, Then Begged Me to Take Him Back

Kate had always felt like a ghost in her own home—unseen, unheard, and painfully second to her younger sister, Angela. Their mother, cold and dismissive, never hid…

As an egg enthusiast, understanding the codes on egg cartons can greatly assist

If you’re someone who enjoys eggs regularly—whether scrambled for breakfast, baked into desserts, or poached to perfection—understanding the information printed on egg cartons can make a surprising…

Kai Trump spills tea on her relationship with grandpa Donald

Kai Trump, the 17-year-old granddaughter of former President Donald Trump, is quickly emerging as a young woman to watch—not just because of her famous lineage, but for…

URGENT: “HIGH ALERT IN USA FOR NEXT FEW HOURS” Prophecy Fulfilled?

It began on January 1, 2025, when three catastrophic attacks occurred within hours of each other, immediately following an eerie display of lightning strikes illuminating the sky….

30 minutes ago / The family announced the sad news of Legend singer Celine Dion / Farewell in tears.. See More 😪👇

Born into a large family in Charlemagne, Quebec, Dion was discovered by her future manager and husband, René Angélil, and emerged as a teen star in her…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *